Where is almost everyone today? Probably online! Thinking about it, we can say that social media marketing is one of the most important types of online marketing where not only big businesses are marketing their products/services and brands on social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. The growing importance of social media marketing among businesses is very clear. Social media marketing has become an essential part of online marketing strategy among small businesses because of its cost effectiveness, ability to reach targeted audiences quickly and generate more leads/sales.
Advantages using social media
- Social media is effective and inexpensive. Social media marketing is very important for businesses because of its inexpensiveness and ability to reach large number of targeted audiences within less time and very little efforts. According to Forbes, 94% of corporate are using social media and 85% said that it has given their business more exposure.
- Branding can be done effectively on social media. Social media marketing is the best tool for small businesses for branding. According to Social media today, 83% of customers prefer to connect to the brand on Facebook. Many online users count on social media while making purchase decision and 50% of shoppers made purchases based on the recommendations on social media websites.
- Customer acquisition is easy on social media. With more than half of the worlds population registered with different social media platforms, the chances of acquiring customers are fairly high on social media websites. There are approximately 1.74 billion social media users according to eMarketer and social media websites play a crucial role in acquiring customers to the businesses. In 2013, 36% of marketers acquired customers via Twitter, 52% via Facebbok and 43% via LinkedIn.
- Social media enables direct customer interaction. Through social media, businesses can interact with customers directly. Businesses can attract customers by engaging them with some interactive methods like Question and Answers, Polls, etc. According to Social media today, 53% of marketers are using social media as a two way conversation and engagement tool.
- Social media marketing can generate more leads/sales. Social media marketing plays an important role in generating leads and thus increasing sales to the businesses. A survey by Social media today revealed that 71% of social media users are more likely to purchase products from brands that they are connected on.