E-mail marketing is a form of direct marketing which uses E-mail as a means of communicating commercial or fund-raising messages to an audience. In its broadest sense, every E-mail sent to a potential or current customer could be considered E-mail marketing. However, the term is usually used to refer to:
- Sending E-mail messages with the purpose of enhancing the relationship of a merchant with its current or previous customers, to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business
- Sending E-mail messages with the purpose of acquiring new customers or convincing current customers to purchase something immediately
- Adding advertisements to E-mail messages sent by other companies to their customer
Advantages of E-mail Marketing
- Most of what you invest, you get. Recent research shows that for every dollar invested in E-mail marketing, you can expect that according to the Direct Marketing Association. So E-mail Marketing has the highest return on investment than other marketing methods.
- It is very meaningful. You can customize messages for different customers and provide contents and promotions that are consistent with their profile. Finally, your customers acquire what they want and thus they obtain better view about what each section of current business will respond.
- Measurability. By E-mail marketing, you can easily find the number of E-mails sent, number of E-mails that have been opened and that those who have opened up, the number of people who are not registered, and click rate (which includes the link been effective and who clicked on it).
- It is easy. Creating a marketing message via E-mail is almost as easy as writing an E-mail.
- It is automatic. E-mail marketing has a tool called an “autoresponder”. For example, if you want to send a campaign message to your recipients on special days you just create the messages and schedule it.
- It is fast and efficient. Timing is everything, so it can be said: this is a quick and efficient way. Offers promotions through E-mail with a clear call to action, can have tremendous impact on earnings. Channels cannot provide any possibility for you in a short period of time so as to obtain the customer directly.
- E-mail marketing is known as a permission marketing and it is one of its advantages because it allows customers to decide whether they want to be reached via E-mail.
- Mass customization are enabled by E-mail marketing so each message is unique to each customer, it helps marketers to inform the success of their promotions easily and quickly, it provides a major insights into the recipients actions through measurable events such as message open, hyperlinks clicked.